50 Questions Tag seems like a fitting first blog post, hope you enjoy the read. Here we go…
1. Name: Amelia
2. Zodiac sign: Virgo
3. Name 3 fears: Bugs, bugs and bugs!
4. 3 things you love: My family, holidays and snow.
5. Who is your best friend: My husband. He’s the only person who knows the real me.
6. Last song you listened to: Fleetwood Mac – Dreams
7. Turn ons: Good sense of humor, honesty and intelligence.
8. Turn offs: Poor hygiene, rudeness and ignorance.
9. Signature perfume: Christian Dior, Forever and Ever
10. How many tattoos/piercings do you have: No tattoos, but I do have pierced ears.
11. What’s the reason you started blogging: Why not? It’s the ultimate creative outlet!
12. How do you feel right now: Pretty great actually, besides a minor headache.
13. Something you really want: A cold Lemon Lime and Bitters.
14. Your current relationship status: Married
15. Meaning behind your URL: Our opinions and thoughts are what makes us all unique. This is a space where I share life as I see it, hence According to Amelia.
16. Your favorite movie: Not sure… Too many too mention! Some old school (Singing in the Rain and An Affair to Remember) and some new ones (Deadpool and Harry Potter).
17. Your favorite song: Wow! That list is way too long to mention. I would recommend reading the question and answer bellow.
18. Your favorite band: Seether, 3 Doors Down, Kansas, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Toto, etc. Just to mention a few.
19. 3 things that upset you: Lies, injustice and ignorance.
20. 3 things that makes you happy: My family, snow and traveling.
21. What do you find attractive in other people: Kindness, smile, humor, self irony and thoughtfulness.
22. Someone you miss: My cat, he passed away a year ago.
23. Someone you love: My family.
24. Your favorite holiday: I’m a holiday lover, for the lack of a better word. I get “too” into them, by making a celebration out of every holiday, no matter how big or small. I change out my serve ware, the pictures in my frames to my interior decor. If I had to pick only one holiday however, I would say it has to be Christmas, hands down!
25. Your closest blogging friend: I don’t believe any of my close friends blog…
26. A confession: I am an introvert and I’ve learnt over the years that if that is a problem, it’s not mine.
27. 3 things that annoys you easily: Lip smacking, poor manners and mess.
28. Your favorite animal: The animal kingdom is too grand to pick only one, but as for domesticated ones, I have to say cats and dogs.
29. Your pets: Milo, my Siberian husky.
30. One thing you’ve lied about: I said I would attend a neighborhood bbq, when I knew I never would.
31. Something that’s currently worrying you: My children’s future. I get very anxious thinking about how they are going to do in a rapidly changing world.
32. An embarrassing moment: I generally don’t get embarrassed, because I don’t give it much thought what others think of me. With that said though, I do feel uncomfortable in strange and odd situations with people I don’t know. Probably my introverted personality working on overdrive there ha ha!
The other day for instance, I asked the baker for rhombus shaped ciabatta. He had no clue what I was talking about. I had to point at it and tell him; “the diamond shaped ones…” I felt very awkward, not because I got embarrassed, but because a simple request ended up becoming more complicated then it needed to be (unnecessary amount of words got exchanged). Introvert? That’s me!
33. Your work: My job description is long and wide, it really depends on the time of the day. I work seven days a week and take it with me on holidays too. Some days I work as a personal assistant and other days I’m required to make executive decisions. It’s a demanding job and the future of this well oiled machine depends on me and another person, who I love to work with. I love my job and wouldn’t change anything about it. Hello mom life!
34. Something that’s constantly on your mind: Human consciousness. Incredibly fascinating.
35. 3 habits you have: I keep to routines, because I don’t like falling behind on my to-do-list. So lets begin with my first 3 morning habits. Shower, caffeine and then makeup.
36. My Future goals: I would love to travel more, experience new places and even revisit some too.
37. Something you fantasize about: The most epic winter vacation! Road trip, lots and lots of snow, log cabin, Christmas preparations, skiing, s’mores by the fireplace, plaid pjs, warm drinks, etc. Vacation bliss.
38. Your favorite store: Clothing – American Eagle, Food – Whole Foods, Interior – Target, Furniture – Pottery Barn, Drinks – Starbucks.
39. Your favorite food: Caffeine, is that food? Too hard! I can’t pick… Italian!
40. What did you do yesterday: Yesterday was Friday, so that meant running errands and school runs. We ended the day with our traditional Friday Movie & Pizza Night with the kids.
41. Something you’re talented at: I’ve been told I have an ear for language. I guess I do, since I speak 3 languages fluently and understand 5 in total. Creativity however is what I am passionate and great at, whether that being expressing myself through text, song, apparel, baking, DIY or photography.
42. Your idea of the perfect date: Road trips, hiking, museum, I don’t really care what we are doing, as long as we are paying attention to each other and having fun.
43. Number of kids you want: When I was younger, I wanted a boy and a girl. Then I went though a phase hoping I would have twins. Today I have two girls and could not be happier with the outcome.
44. Do you smoke/drink: Neither.
45. One word that describes you: Organized.
46. Describe your sense of style: Interior wise I would say, steampunk meets rustic farmhouse.
47. Favorite reading material: I do most of my reading on Flipboard.
48. Favorite place on Earth: Yosemite.
49. Favorite color: That really depends of my mood, but generally any shade of blue.
50. Breakfast or brunch: How about lunner or dinch, dinner for lunch?